Work With Us
Interior Designer, Richmond, Virginia
Design Source collaborates with clients to create spaces elder residents are proud to call home. Our Richmond-based firm has worked with senior living communities for more than two decades, providing a dependable service as problem solvers and team players. We encourage clients to communicate with us directly, and that dialogue helps ensure that our final product meets and exceeds expectations.
We are hiring an Interior Designer with 5-7 years’ experience. An important part of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding the scope of clients’ program requirements, standards, and policies in order to successfully implement them into projects.
- Applying knowledge of building codes and ADA guidelines while developing space plans.
- Handling multiple projects, often with short deadlines. Additional work hours may be required.
- Compiling data and take-offs to create project budgets.
- Creating presentation and design documents.
- Creating, implementing, and correcting production drawings.
- Finish materials selection, research, and documentation; up to date knowledge of materials.
- Creating digital presentations and physical finish boards.
- Working closely with the procurement specialist in developing and documenting the FF&E package for each project.
- Perform project site visits in the Metro Richmond area.
- Participating in client meetings on site or in the office.
- Able to delegate and explain tasks to junior level staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design, or equivalent; degree in Architecture preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience; or equivalent relevant education and experience.
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Intermediate skill level in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Some SketchUp and Bluebeam experience helpful.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a working vehicle (or access to a vehicle).
- Familiarity with large- and small-scale projects, both renovation and new construction.
- Familiarity with the CA process including submittal and RFI review.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment and meet prescribed project deadlines by planning ahead, managing workload, and setting priorities.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly, shifting gears as necessary.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great organizational skills.
- A people person with exceptional customer service skills.
- Problem solver.
- Team player.